Tyndall Education Center, Building 1230
Tyndall Air Force Base
Panama City, FL 32401
Hours of Operation:
M-F, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
GCSC's Tyndall Education Center
If you are an active service member, veteran, dependent, Department of Defense employee or a civilian (general public), then you can take classes at Gulf Coast State College's Tyndall Education Center. It is conveniently located on Tyndall Air Force Base off U.S. Highway 98 and offers you more than 30 general education courses each semester. You can take occupational training classes for an Associate in Science degree, or general education courses for an Associate in Arts degree which prepares you to transfer into a bachelor’s degree program at Gulf Coast State College or another Florida university. Certificate programs are also available at GCSC's Tyndall AFB satellite campus. As a reminder, please ensure you work with your Education Service Officer (ESO) prior to submitting for Tuition Assistance (TA).
Gulf Coast State College's Office of Military and Veterans Services is dedicated to helping you. If you're a military student, we'll help you make the most of your education benefits. If you're a veteran, we'll work with you to ensure that you get the best benefit from the GI Bill. Our office also houses a National Testing Center for military personnel who qualify to sit for CLEP/DANTES exams.
Civilian Gulf Coast State College students are welcome, but you must complete an affidavit and have a background check each semester to be cleared for access to the Tyndall Education Center. Learn more about security guidelines for Tyndall Air Force Base.
Community College of the Air Force (CCAF)
Gulf Coast State College is contracted as an educational provider for the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF), teaching all of the general education courses at the Tyndall Education Center. Gulf Coast classes taught at the Tyndall Education Center may be used toward the CCAF degree. Air Force personnel can use their educational benefits to work toward an Associate in Arts degree at Gulf Coast, while also working toward their CCAF degree, earning both simultaneously.
Community College of the Air Force classes can be used toward degree programs at Gulf Coast State College. Check with Military and Veterans Services for details.
Because the Tyndall Education Center is located on an Air Force base, civilian Gulf Coast State College students must be cleared each semester prior to taking classes. You will not be allowed on base until you have completed the appropriate security procedures.
Download and complete the affidavit.
At least five business days before your class starts, submit the following documents to the Tyndall Air Force Base for a background check:
- completed affidavit
- copy of your driver’s license
- copy of your course schedule
Documents may be submitted by:
- Email to email@example.com
- Mail to GCSC Tyndall Education Center, 5230 West Highway 98, Panama City, FL 32401 (please allow more than 5 business days for submission through the mail)
On the nights you attend class, enter TAFB through the main gate; your name will be on a list at this gate.
Additional Tyndall Air Force Base Rules
- Cell phone use is prohibited while driving on Tyndall Air Force Base property.
- You must be able to show proof of insurance and vehicle registration at all times and may be asked to produce these documents at any time. If you don’t have these with you, you will be denied access to Tyndall Air Force Base.
- If you drive a motorcycle to base, you must contact the Tyndall Air Force Base Visitor's Center at 850-283-4070 and ask about rules for operating a motorcycle on a military installation.